Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let's Move On

I am a dangerous person to be interviewed. I tend to speak my mind and I cannot hold back my emotions.

Now that the formalities are over, we know who the Ministers are and what their portfolios are. I, as many others within the Congress, have been disappointed with the process and - in most part - with the outcome but will put my weight behind making this government a success. I understand the powers that be had so many variables to balance in the complex equations they were managing. From this point on, I will not question or undermine the government in any way.

I must congratulate some of the people who I saw share my frustration with this process but deal with it very gracefully in the media. They have taken the questions/allegations etc. in their stride, defended the decisions and upheld the highest traditions of Parliamentarians. They are the reasons I feel I am not suited for interviews.

On a lighter note, several people have asked me why I wore the Devdas look at the oath ceremony today. I want to set the record straight - it had nothing to do with the choice of people participating in the ceremony. It also had nothing to do with the possibility of a love interest.

I will just leave it at that now :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like u were also having a private talk with Stalin. Hope u were not discussing defecting to DMK ;)

    ReplyDelete