It's past 1 AM, we're still negotiating with our allies and there seems to be no end in sight. That is what happens when negotiations are not based on values. No one - and yes, that includes everyone - wants to discuss merit, vision or strategy of executing our promises. They want a certain Ministry only because they would like to. Not because they have experience in that particular sector.
In principle, we're not against sharing the responsibility of serving the people, but we're starting to build a moral framework of what to keep in mind while getting someone into the cabinet. Competence and experience is now important. Clean character is also important. But our allies clearly see that as hindrance.
I know we should see this morality trickle down to the ticket allocation process and then to even the party membership process, but you would agree such changes have to be brought about at the right speed. Go too fast, and you risk a crash. Nonetheless, I think it's about time we see this being applied to the PM and Ministers. Our PM is spotless, let's see what we end up with as Ministers.
While I am not actively involved in the negotiations - because I don't have the patience to deal with total opportunists (and might I add - idiots) I am glad to see Dr. Singh's virtue of patience and perseverance come in very handy. I just wish more people from the press could see him in action like this. They would end the debate on whether I am ready to be PM.
Ahmed Patel is at his best in such situations, and is doing a good job of keeping me calm. But the future of India cannot be built by compromising on your values for a handful of people. Come on!!! Don't be surprised if we kick out a couple of our "pre-poll" allies sometime soon. The world will be told all sorts of conspiracy theories - but the bottom line is that we'd have drawn a line between what was open to compromise.
And what was not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sahi ja rahe ho!!!
ReplyDeleteyou rite well n raise valid pnts which d ppl r always thinking abt but u r not rahul gandhi. or r u actually him bt using this as a way 2 mk complete denials if u r ever caught?
:-0
@Above
ReplyDeleteits cheap way to become famous maybe even by Rahul Gandhi ! as it wants to make inroads in young ppl !!
it might be cheap but it looks very effective. i am just reading the breaking news and this fellow had already predicted an allies will be kicked out. i think we will be seeing some frank news in this blog.
ReplyDeleteWell its about time the politics is brought to an end where the literate and noble survive. I hope the new government is as clean as Indian Politics can possibly get.
ReplyDeleteThe people of India have several issues to deal with (namely, poverty, pollution and unemployment). Let criminal ministers and corruption at the ministerial level not be one of them. I look towards the educated and experienced leaders of India to bring about this change.